Every state in the United States has a tobacco cessation program whose mission it is to help people quit smoking. They do this in a number of ways:
- Telephone hotlines that offer advice and support on how to quit smoking
- Financial support to local smoking cessation programs
- Partnership with healthcare providers that offer smoking cessation programs
- Giving out free smoking cessation products like nicotine gum and patches
- Only, not all of these services might be offered in your state. The telephone hotline is the most basic of these services, along with over-the-phone counseling and they are active in every state. Anything extra like online support or free quit smoking products is something that is determined state by state.
Each individual state decides how much money to allocate to smoking cessation programs. Based on that allocation, some state tobacco cessation programs are able to give out free smoking cessation products and some are not.
It kind of works like buying a car – there is the standard, bare-bones package, but anything extra you have to pay for it. With that said, let’s take a look at how you can get free quit smoking products in the states that do offer them.