Getting kids active
Keeping kids healthy is hard, but we’ll show you how small changes can make a big difference.
Our free healthy lifestyle programme for children and their families will help you to become fitter and healthier.
Making healthy living fun
The programme is for 5-13 year olds in Ealing and their parents or carers. Children must be aged between 5-13 years and be above the 91st percentile to be eligible.
Each session features a fun activity and friendly lessons on how to reach or keep a healthier weight. There are two specific age groups for sessions:
5 to 7 year-olds
10-week-programme with a 1 hour, 45-minute session each week. Parents and carers attend with their children
7 to 13 year-olds
10-week-programme takes place twice a week for a one or two-hour session. Parents and carers join each session, taking part in activities for all fitness levels, learning how to choose healthier foods, and spending more time being active.
- Adopted a healthier lifestyle
- Include healthy foods into their children’s diet as well as their own
- Eat correct portions and servings for their child’s age
- Overcome difficulties with fussy eaters, identify internal and external triggers, learn how to set a SMART goal
- We hope the child’s BMI weight would be maintained or reduced and a reduction in their waist circumference. For the 7-13 year olds we would hope their resting heart rate would decrease.
- We use pre/post data to evaluate the outcomes of the programme as well as taking anthropometric measurements, height; weight and waist circumference.
Where does it run?
The programme is currently delivered in schools during and after school times. Schools and locations are selected based from the data on the whale chart. Children from surrounding schools are also invited. The programmes offer a friendly, safe and non-judgmental environment.
Call us on 0300 456 0556 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.