How healthy is your food?
What you eat, and how much, is so important for your health and your waistline. Choosing healthier foods is easier than you might think and our health trainers can help you to kick start some positive habits.
Health trainers provide FREE one to one support for people who want to make changes to their lifestyle to improve their health. The service is available to anyone aged 18 or over living in the Ealing Borough.
We also run group workshops for community groups to cover key health messages around topics such as healthy eating, physical activity, diabetes, alcohol, heart disease, stroke and blood pressure.
How does it work?
- Lifestyle assessment, including height and weight measurement, waist circumference and BMI (Body Mass Index) to assess if you are healthy weight
- Plan your changes and develop your personal health plan
- Help you to identify and work through the
- Tailored advice based on your lifestyle assessment
- Tools and knowledge to be your own health trainer
- Tell you about other services as needed
You'll get six follow up appointments and a maintenance check a few months following sign off.
Where can I access health trainers?
One to one appointments are usually carried out at a community venue such as a GP surgery, community centre or Library. We try to be flexible to make sure the service fits with your lifestyle.
You can refer yourself or ask your GP or other health professional to do it for you.
Call us on 0300 456 0556 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.